My frolicking dress is calling me!



When my best friend Jess and I were teenagers in Perth, we would spend our weekends kitted out in what we affectionately called 'frolicking dresses'. These dresses were what you threw on to go out and have adventures in Fremantle. If you found you wanted to take a dip in the ocean and you didn't have any bathers on hand, you would simply kick off your Doc Martens and dive in wearing your dress. You would then dry off in the sun on the walk back to Gino's cafe.

This is my latest frolicking dress, purchased at Hudson on Carlisle street. I love it because it's not a perfect, dream dress which means I'm not afraid that I'll spill anything on it or worried that I should save it for a special occasion. It's a long light weight cotton cloud which I can throw on post-shower on a Sunday morning and head to brunch in. (With no stops to apply makeup. Or to tie up Docs. Alas, I no longer wear pretty little dresses with big boots.)

Anyhow, as I see my dress hanging on the back of my bedroom door, I'm so excited that it's Thursday and a weekend of frolicking is nearly here!

Mood: passionfruit sponge cake and afternoon sunlight.

Comments

Popular Posts