More Stories of a City by the Sea



This lady was creating calligraphy at the St Kilda Sunday Art Markets. Her hands moved slow and steady down the page. She was intensely focussed. When I asked if I could take her photo, her face broke out in a big, lovely, clumsy smile.




Lindy and I walked to the end of the pier and talked travel over iced coffees and carrot cake. On a bookmark that I got from one of the artists' stalls, I scrawled down all the places I would love to go (and revisit in some cases) if I travel next year. Lindy told me I would love Argentina, Tasmania and the Whitsundays, which I added to the list.






These guys were lying in the sun, enjoying the afternoon. I liked how they were fishing, yet none of them were holding their poles. It seemed like a nice excuse to hang out and relax together. I also love how they are totally unaware of the little girl balancing precariously behind them!




As we were heading back to the Esplanade along the pier, I saw these three couples all looking out at the water. This image is a bit of an experiment for me. I took a separate photo of each couple, without realising at the time that I would put them together like this.





These guys were very funny and happy to be photographed. I'm not quite sure why he had done up his van like this, but once I saw those crazy sci-fi helmets on the front seats, I knew I had to take a picture.




Lindy and I wandered through a few stores and got silly with sunglasses.
I love St Kilda. There are so many stories happening right next to each other.


Mood: white wine and the ocean

Comments

Popular Posts