Jazz at Paris Cat


I took these photos while I was waiting to hear Lindy's friend play last night. Paris Cat's a really cool venue. You wander through a cobblestone alley and down rickety stairs into a low-lit, decadent jazz bar that makes you think you're in New York. They had black and white paintings on the roof and tea light lamps flickering softly on all the little, round, wooden tables.

I was at the bar alone for the first hour or so. It's amazing, the different things you observe when you're by yourself. I always find myself looking at people and wondering what stories they carry around with them.

It was great to see a double bass player being featured for once. They played an array of pieces and it was fantastic to see the range of sound the db has. Also, Ken's use of rhythm was exhilarating.

Mood: PJ Harvey and Thom Yorke's 'This Mess We're In' and poppies.

Comments

Popular Posts