STEALING FUN


Mask fun 004
(At Spotlight. My hair was still red in these photos!)

Mask fun 003


Mask fun 002


Mask fun 001


I don’t know what it is, but since I was a teenager I have always loved being silly in big shops -I can’t help myself. With my friend Jess, at the age of about 14/15, I used to love getting some laughs by walking around in Coles or Woolworths with a frozen pizza, loudly pretending I was looking for someone who had placed an order. Another thing we loved to do was ‘vogue’, where we would just freeze like statues in the middle of an aisle. We also did this on a plinth at a petrol station once and randomly in the middle of a roundabout (the latter wasn't the smartest thing we have ever done, that's for sure).

Anyhoo, while I like to believe my antics aren't quite so over-the-top any more, whenever I’m in a big store I still get the same old urge to be silly. It’s a little bit more low key nowadays but you will still catch me recruiting a partner in crime to do things like play with masks (above). You will also occasionally catch me slow dancing with my boyfriend in the middle of an empty aisle somewhere…

Why?

Just because.

Just because it's fun and it's silly and it's something that reminds me that whimsy and fun and a special moment can occur anywhere. Even in big, brightly lit shopping centres - trolleys and all.


Little light: enjoying the sound of the rain today  

Comments

Anonymous said…
really good
Bali Resorts said…
Very nice mask, i love it

Popular Posts