Can't believe how much kindness there is in this world

...and I'm not even being sarcastic.


Roberto is on the cleaning staff at my work. He looks and laughs like Santa Claus and always has a sparkle in his eye and a big, warm smile. Every now and again he and I have chats about Perth, which he and his family adored when they went there on holiday recently. This afternoon at work, a friend and I were just starting to succumb to the Monday-afternoon-post-caffeine-crash when Roberto came along with his big, happy smile and musical Spanish accent and presented me with a birthday gift. It was the beautiful wool scarf pictured above. He said it was to thank me for my friendship. I can't believe how kind people can be.

Mood: thinking and Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream

Comments

Popular Posts