25 things that make me say yay

I turned 25 on last week and to celebrate, here are 25 random things that make me say yay, in no particular order -except for the first one:

  • family and friends
  • laughing so hard your stomach hurts
  • films - making them, watching them, reading or talking about them
  • waking up refreshed after 10 hours of sleep (I am in need)
  • coffee
  • figuring out how to play a song you like on guitar (falteringly in my case)
  • lazy Sunday afternoons
  • photography
  • wafting through an art gallery
  • my heart beating fast when I'm excited
  • cameras old and new
  • music
  • lying in bed listening to the rain
  • dancing late into the night
  • live music
  • the beach, barefoot
  • getting lost in a book
  • sleeping on fresh sheets that have dried in the sun
  • dusk
  • that scent the air sometimes has in summer, where it's dry and fragrant with flowers, sun-baked earth and ocean-salt
  • looking at a night sky overrun with stars
  • Triple J and iPod Roulette on the road
  • Miss Jackson for brunch on the weekends
  • NGV and Michael's Cameras
  • Sunday scriptwriting in the backyard of a cafe/pub near my house
  • pre-pre-production, when your imagination can run wild
  • people and all their kindness, flaws, foibles, hopes and dreams
  • dogs
  • fairy lights
  • late night souvlaki from the Greek place on Brunswick street
  • Getting comfy in the armchair under the lamp at the Local and listening to a band
Okay, it's more than 25 things, but it's my list and I'll get loose with the rules if I want to!xx

Mood: Ray LaMontagne and coffee

Comments

Popular Posts