Graffiti


I saw this in Brunswick on Saturday. It's a quote from the The Marriage of Heaven and Hell by romantic British poet William Blake.

I am a passionate person and this quote speaks to me. While I sometimes wonder if I am too led by my desires, I would rather be a bold, passionate, foolish eccentric who dances down the street than have lots of clearly defined, grown up boundaries and be afraid to let my guard down.

It's like one of my favourite quotes:
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."

-Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Mood: burning to do more tango and looking forward to havine a big night out in Fitzroy this weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts