Daydream Project - Pre


This is a quick Photoshop mock-up of what is currently swirling around in my head.

After speaking to my friend Yvonne today, who knows everything there is to know about painting, she suggested I should trial what I'm thinking on paper before I shoot it. While we were mainly discussing paint types, mixes and layering/coats, I thought I would take two minutes to whip this up to show something roughly resembling what I am currently visualising. I don't plan for this to constrain me on the day. It will be interesting to see how my mental image will have changed by Saturday. I may have decided to do something totally different by then.

This rough computer mock-up looks way too segmented though for what I'm currently imagining. I'm thinking of more of a streaked effect, with the colours intermingling from the top to the bottom of the canvas, with the red being stronger at the top and the yellow stronger and more present at the bottom.

I am by no means a painter, so this is going to be a very interesting experiment.

Mood: getting ready to cook dinner for friends who are coming over tonight

Comments

YAKUSA said…
Just show some respect here, your picture kinda sunburst, am i right ?
Liz said…
I'm currently thinking of a flame, but I like the idea of a sunburst. That definitely ties in too.

Popular Posts