Trickles of Inspiration in St Kilda

My housemate Chris with a praying mantis who came to visit our backyard






On the pathway outside 'Little One' on Blessington Street



Sunlight shining through a tree on my walk down to St Kilda


I have been so crazy-busy lately that I haven’t felt particularly inspired. (Hence, I haven't been posting as often!)

In order to remedy this, today I strapped on my camera and headed down to St Kilda.

I like going a-wandering on my own. I get a chance to rediscover the lens through which I view the world.
So I strolled through the park, stopped and smelt flowers, let my hand graze across picket fences, peered into shop windows, looked at curious objects, studied graffiti, people-watched and just generally drifted through the streets of St Kilda.

I ventured into the lovely Readings book shop and was utterly transfixed by:


In the full picture, this figure is holding a bouquet of flowers in his other hand.

The book Wall and Piece by graffiti artist Banksy. I first heard of Banksy some years ago but haven't thought about his work in a while. Anyhoo, I flicked through this book and fell in love with it. It’s definitely on my list of books to read as soon as I get through the fourteen currently stacked next to my bed.

I saw so many fascinating people in St Kilda; it makes my heart sing. I have posted before (here and here) about this feeling. Something that really struck me today is how much I would love to take photos of some of the marvellous characters I see on the street. But how do I make my approach? There must be a way to do it. The Sartorialist (his photos are brilliant!) does it. But, to be fair, he is renowned and he has a platform devoted to photographing people. My blog is more amorphous.

Anyhow, I had an absolutely lovely afternoon spent seeing the sublime in the simple things.

Mood: Joy Division documentary and chocolate

Comments

Popular Posts