Stories from a city by the sea...






I went a-wandering through St Kilda on Saturday. It was a beautiful crisp autumn day with a big blue sky free of clouds. In the course of my meandering, I came across such a diverse array of people. Bikies, artists, hipsters - young and old, families, buskers, people walking dogs, couples fighting or falling in love, the rich and famous as well as the poor and homeless. I wanted to capture the moment, the sense of so many lives occupying one space but never really coming into contact, of different stories and histories united in one place on a beautiful day.

If I could, I would have photographed as many people as possible in an attempt to show the kaleidoscopic feel of St Kilda. I settled for taking some snaps in the Botanic Gardens. Even though there aren't people in these shots, it brings the day back for me.

Comments

Popular Posts