Poetry and the Postal Service




Above and below are two particles of inspiration I came across today. (I love the word particle. I love the way the 'icle' sounds and feels in my mouth when I say it. -Go on, give it a try and you'll see what I mean.)

Anyhoo, the first particle is a photo I took on the way home from a friend's surprise birthday dinner on Monday and the second is a beautiful song called 'Such Great Heights'.






I particularly love the opening line:

I am thinking it's a sign
that the freckles in our eyes
are mirror images
and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned


-Such poetry. How did the songwriter think of something so simple and so beautiful? When he or she wrote this lyric I think, to quote the first particle, their "mind's eye lit the sun".

Mood: Jane Eyre, Samoa

Comments

Popular Posts