Flat...

... feeling

a little...

flat.


I don't know why, I just am. Maybe it's the time of year; the weather isn't sure of itself and is malingering around in between-seasons limbo. After being exhilarated by happy adrenalin for the past few weeks, for the past few days lassitude has been permeating my skin and seeping into my bones. I have so much to be excited about and look forward to, yet this week my energy has been a little lacklustre. Maybe I'm just a bit burnt out because I have been working so hard and going out so much, but I think the answer probably lies in the fact that I have reduced my caffeine intake from three cups a day to one a day this week. Eeshk!

Anyhoo, to get me back in the swing I have assembled some random pics from the weekend that bring a smile to my face. If I was in Perth, I would take to the beach for a swim.


These first two photos aren't from the weekend but they make me smile
so I decided to include them. Chris, Nomes and I had dinner at a pub in our
area. They put butcher's paper and crayons on the table for kids to play
with over dinner, so of course the three of us went a little nuts.





On our way to comedy at the Local last Monday.

On Saturday my housemates and I had a bunch of peeps come over to watch the Grand Final. While I'm not hugely interested in football, (okay, 90% of the time I couldn't care less) I do enjoy live games and like the drama of the GF.
Our house was teeming with friends, bears (some friends brought theirs over to hang out with ours) and beer. After the GF, we all quickly devolved into a mess of pizza, attempts at group board games and Singstar before we gave it all up, turned off the big lights and put on the fairy lights, put on some tunes and danced around the living room til late. -Which also involved laughing our arses off to the most hilarious song lyric ever from Prince in Cream: 'Look up in the air -it's your guitar...' WTF?!

Arthur looks concerned in our friend Geoff's St Kilda scarf.


Holly looks with longing at the sausage rolls


Me, wearing my wellies and hiding behind Artie as our friend Adam takes a photo from the cellar.


Mmmm... best pizza EVER.


I think I may do some painting this weekend to help dispel my lassitude. Either that or find a good Melbourne beach to swim at or walk along.

Or I'll just drink more coffee.

Mood: Bruce Springsteen's Jungleland tearing through car speakers and craving coffee

Comments

Popular Posts