Streaks of light, blurs of colour and hearts as big as Texas

Streaks of light, blurs of colour and hearts as big as Texas

Last Friday, my friends and I just had one of those spontaneous, serendipitously fun evenings of adventure that seem to fly past in a brilliant blur of light, colour, music and endless laughter. Because I feel naked without my camera, I took it with me to capture some of the fun. I'm so glad I did as when I look back at these shots all the happy exhilaration from the night rushes back and I can't help but smile.


light face




red wall


Tess & blue light










One of the places we went to had a rather elaborate lighting set up. Movement + fun lights + long exposure = fun photo experiments creating shapes from coloured light! (See images below) They seem to capture the frenzied start-of-the-weekend energy and excitement of the night.











So much fun. One of those wondrous evenings where you go out into the night air and feel young and alive.

In other news, the seasons are changing and spring is tingling in the atmosphere. That dry, fresh scent is returning to the air and the sun is making itself known.

Last weekend's awesomeness, my friends, all the upcoming parties this weekend, the flower-freshness of the new spring and all the creative projects that are quietly percolating conspire to produce in me a happiness that makes me want to simultaneously jump in the air and sit perfectly still with contentment.

"The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream." -Jack Kerouac

Mood: Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire and afternoon coffee

Comments

Popular Posts