Nights Bigger than Imagining


The above photo is by the late Aussie photographer Rennie Ellis. I first saw this awesome pic at a fantastic exhibiton that was on at the NGV's Ian Potter Centre last year.

I am filled with a restless energy at the moment, a yearning for the weekend, for going out in search of adventure and reaching out towards the possibilities in every big night sky. I'm not even picturing cosy interior settings like bars or parties; the thing that seems to pop into my head at present is that in-between time where you and your friends walk along the pavement together like you own the night: laughing, jumping, singing and talking about everything and nothing.

These nights seem to help you make sure you're awake and not sleepwalking through life. I'm thinking of giving myself the challenge of going out late every night for a fortnight/month and seeing what adventures (and photos) come about. One night can feel like its own world and I'm keen to explore as many of them as possible.

Mood: crisp, fresh air and Louis Armstrong singing 'What a Wonderful World'

Comments

Popular Posts