My heart breaks...

...when I think of the homeless in Melbourne out there in the cold, cold night. Over the past few evenings it must have gotten down to 1 or 2 degrees.

My housemates and I have heating at home and comfortable, warm beds. I can't even imagine the indescribable despair someone must feel being outside at night in that bitter cold knowing that they have nowhere to go home to, no safe place to shut their eyes. Imagine being exhausted and just having to wander around all night in the freezing cold, keeping yourself awake. How fatiguing it must be; and the concrete alternative would be so icy and damp. Knowing other people were tucked up safe at home, you would feel like everyone had forgotten you. It's so deeply sad. I hope that people were able to find some warmth or refuge somewhere last night.

Mood: Fleet Foxes and being corny

Comments

Popular Posts