Canberra - ahoy!

a frosty morning in Canberra
A frosty morning in Canberra

model ship at the zoo
an intricate model ship at the Canberra Zoo

The War Memorial
The War Memorial

View of Parliament House
a glimpse of Parliament House


Indonesian Embassy



Carving at the Indonesian Embassy


My red cowboy boots - in shackles at the National Museum!
My red cowboy boots - in shackles at the National Museum!



Windows in the National Museum of Australia
Windows in the National Museum


outside the National Museum of Australia
Outside the National Museum - I like that this looks like a turbo massive skate ramp of the kind kids would dream about


Governor General's House as seen from the waterfront
Governor General's house as viewed from the waterfront


Governor General's House
Governor General's house - interior


A sample place setting in the Governor General's House
a sample place setting in the Governor General's house



In 2011, I was fortunate enough to visit the nation's capital of Canberra for a week. I had only just discovered the instagram photo app and used it like crazy while I was over there. (I'm trying to cut back a bit at the moment as I realised I was starting to neglect all other cameras and forms of photography! Eeeshk!) 

Canberra is a beautiful, picturesque, designed city. As the seat of parliament, it is also a city of significance, awash with history (which I think makes the old timey instagram filters fitting on these pictures) art, culture and politics. I wish I had a photo of the Aboriginal Embassy to put up here as well as that was such an important part of the experience. See more of my Canberra instagram snaps here.

I learnt so much on this trip; you always do when you travel. Even if you're travelling within your home country, your sense of appreciation for its complexity is completely expanded.

Here's hoping for more a bit more travel in 2012! I'll cross my fingers if you will!

Mood: iced coffee and a red t-shirt with little white polka dots all over it

Comments

Popular Posts