A night in high def and low light


directing
Directing SJ and Venetia


Saturday was the first night of filming. It was a one off, guerilla-style shoot before principal photography begins in Oct/Nov.



light swirl
Light:
it played over every surface, danced over faces and sparkled in eyes



Shooting


A friend took this photo at the point in the night when I realised I had enough footage - I think you can see the relief on my face. The pre-production adrenalin had been coursing through me for days and nights beforehand and I remained amped up and exhilarated long after the shoot wrapped. I didn't get to bed until well after 4am.

I had the perfect post-shoot relaxation the next day. I had a lovely trip to a winery for a dear friend's birthday lunch. On the drive home I let my script-writing playlist trickle through my car speakers and as the sun set, took a deep breath and got ready for the second wave of pre-production to begin.

mood: amazing footage, gratitude and the ship song

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said…
Jess! I had to delete your comment as it gave too much away! Love you xxx

Popular Posts