I finally have an SLR camera!

After many years toiling with a compact digital, I finally have a Canon 450D SLR (I'm considering calling it Kenny the camera, but am wondering if my excitement is clouding my judgement.)

It's soooooooooooooooooo much easier to take a good picture, it's unbelievable! For work especially, it's really going to save me a lot of time in Photoshop.

Anyhoo, I haven't had much time yet to take proper pics, but here are a few quick snaps from yesterday evening and this morning.


Gerbera in our living room




I went for a walk at dusk. This is the Elwood Canal and in the distance, under the bridge, you can see the ocean. My favourite thing about this pic is that the solitary star in the sky is reflected in the still, glassy water below.





Table in the Fairy Garden this morning.




My friend's daughter came to visit today. I love that you don't have to see her mouth to know that she's smiling: the eyes say it all!

Mood: loving Melbourne and missing Perth at the same time

Comments

Popular Posts