My list






This tattered shred of paper is a list which I have carried around in my wallet since 2006. On it are things I wish to do or experience in my life, ranging from the reasonably mundane (eg. bake a cake, learn to fish, erect and use a hammock) to the slightly more ambitious (REALLY help, see America, live in Paris and invite someone dangerous to tea).


Every now and again I like to glance at it and do a brief inventory. It was written to consolidate/make concrete all those fleeting 'wouldn't it be great to...' thoughts that run through my head.


I have added to and ticked off different things on the list. There's no pressure or timeframe in which to make these experiences happen, some of them simply reflect what I was thinking of at that time. For example, there are a few items related to sports on there that I'm not really too concerned with now.


Since moving to Melbourne in 2007, I would say that I have even more things to add to my list! I think it's time to start a second list to go along with this one. I'm thinking that it will probably reflect some of the ways I have changed since moving to Melbourne. Or maybe not changed, but rather, have had my horizons broadened while also being introduced to the more concrete practicalities of life.
Mood: blueberry muffin, coffee and a tinny radio

Comments

Popular Posts