Friday




Afternoon: so we were running a half hour late to get to Melb Town Hall and walking/hurtling towards it when I turned to my friend Simon and asked him if he was to give our lateness a rating out of 10 , what would it be? As an example I said that, at half an hour, we were at least a 7 and that an hour would be a firm 10, with five minutes late being a 1. Simon jovially scoffed at this, declaring that an hour late would be a 1 and every half an hour after that would go up by one point. On Saturday morning my housemate and I discussed this over breakfast and being the rational brain that he is, he declared that in matters of scale, all ratings must be context specific. For example, if you were running one minute late for a flight that would be a 10, if it's a party - depending on your host- four hours late could be between 5 and 10, if you were working for a call centre where you were late three times in a quarter (or late once a month) -even if it was just by one minute- you could lose your job as the one minute isn't registered as one minute but simply as 'late', making anything after one minute a 10 etc. Another friend gave the example of the expectation that a bride should be late to her wedding, meaning that if she arrives 10 minutes late, that's effectively a 0. Anyhoo, I think everyone has their own scale of lateness. I would say that the person we meet at the Town Hall merrily judged our lateness as being a 3, while I judged it as being between a 7 and a 10, yet if it had been a weekend social thing, I would have judged it as about a 2 to 3.









Later that afternoon: me and the other Tiger Cubs gave a big 'hurrah!' for Tessie's arrival back in Australia! Tessie spoilt me silly with gifts from New York, the photo above shows them all spread out in the late afternoon light on a bench in our garden. From left to right: vintage red cowboy boots, a flashing 'Elizabeth' keyring from the Smithsonian Institute, a vintage handbag, I heart NY mints (which I had some fun with at a party I went to that night), a bangle, a Lomo Fisheye camera (!!!!!!!) and a Victoria's Secret nightie.




Evening: Sally's Housewarming Laneway Party in Carlton, a bunch of us also briefly had a party within a party playing photo shoots with my tin of NY mints in Sal's room.





party within the party in sal's room


Mood: listening to music sitting at the car wash, coffee and a cinnamon doughnut from the bakery



Comments

magda w: said…
gosh you're so cute liz it almost hurts :)
you be sure to msg me when you're back in perthtown
magda xox

Popular Posts