Reflections in Puddles

Yesterday I had a day that made me feel like this:



I seem to be having a lot of those lately and it's definitely a good thing. It was a random day filled with random thoughts of strange and interesting images. I'm just going to let the following stream out of these tip tapping fingers and not edit them so they make sense; I think they will bring back the day better that way. It was a heavy storm and the streets were filled with cobble stones because I'm in Melbourne and I was in a back alley in Windsor with lots of uneven stones that held vast still puddles that showed reflections of buildings and I thought about the rain. then I though about storms. And that song lyric 'storms dressed as stars' came into my head, which made me think about what stars would be like if they were an object you could touch. I decided that that day I would like it if they were small and made of glass and had the weight and texture of marbles and you could collect them in a pouch which was leather with a drawstring like a pirate or Sweeney Todd would have and they clinked softly in it and then you would open up the pouch (you mustn't keep them) and let them out and the stars would drift up into the sky burning like sparklers as they went.

Mood: wine and Leonard Cohen

Comments

Popular Posts