Hi Ho Bendigo!




Hurrah for Bendigo! After having only been there once in my few years of living in Victoria, I recently had cause to find myself doing day trips there three times in one week. It's so lovely; all luscious and sun dappled, filled with fresh air, museums and an amazing bakery called Gillie's, where they give you a FREE cinnamon doughnut with your coffee.

I have only explored a tiny portion of all of the things that Bendigo has to offer. So far I have wandered through the main strip, spent a few hours letting my inner historian roam free at the War Memorial Museum and gone to the 'Groovin' the Moo' music festival. (I took the above picture there.)

One of these times I went there for work, I got in my car and drove myself there and back and enjoyed it so much - that feeling of freedom, of having a clear road in front of you, good music through your speakers and just escaping from everything, of removing yourself from your world and your familiar environment for a day and discovering a new one. While I could never live in Bendigo as my heart beats for the hustle and bustle of cities, I love that I can take myself on an adventure there and wander around its idyllic streets whenever the mood takes me.

Mood: Mad Men and Florence & the Machine

Comments

Popular Posts