Brown Owls Meet and Miss Jackson Café


Last Tuesday, I went to the Brown Owls Melbourne Meet at Dante's in Fitzroy. Brown Owls are a group run by the owners of Brunswick Street's Meet Me at Mikes and its members get together to do craft/print projects. It was a really fun night and I met lots of great people. We chatted over glasses of wine and made up craft kits for families affected by the bushfires. Above are some photos I took on the night, including one with the Brown Owls founder, Pip. (As I didn't know anyone, I initially did my usual trick of hiding behind my camera!)

Based on a recommendation by the lovely Shannon, whom I met at Brown Owls, I visited her and her partners' new café Miss Jackson in St Kilda over the weekend. -It was absolutely fantastic. I don't usually give restaurant reviews on this blog, but my housemate Nomes and I cannot stop raving about this place. The staff were so friendly, gracious and efficient; the food was mouth-wateringly delicious and the menu was a perfect mix of tradition and eclecticism.

The place is set out so beautifully as well. It's light, spacious and welcoming. They even have a fantastic assortment of magazines! It also has a warm atmosphere yet manages to maintain that effortlessly cool/artsy St Kilda vibe -minus any pretension. Anyhoo, Nomes and I love, love, loved it and are going to bring all our friends there. It's also the kind of place where you could easily spend an afternoon alone with a cup of coffee and a good book and feel perfectly at home.

It's our new local.

Mood: coffee and Fleet Foxes

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Liz,

I managed to track down your blog! Very cool photos! Im hopeing to got to shannons cafe soon, sound very good! Hope your well and hope to see you at the next meet! Cheers Leah

Popular Posts