Sometimes my career makes me go...





Hmm... I have been offered a feature film where the producer wants me to be 1st Assistant Director. It's an EXTREMELY HUGE job on a feature, which I could do as long as I only had to focus on the film, not any other peripheral work. A 1st AD can make or break a film. I also have another commitment which I could manage if I was being a 2nd, but if I'm a 1st I will have to give it away.

My instincts tell me to just jump in and be 1st AD. I seem to have this recurring pattern in my life where I feel as though I am looking at two doors: one leads to the wild and slightly dangerous unknown and one leads to a safe, sensible, finite world.

I always go through the first door.

Am I rash, impulsive and foolish to act in this way?

This is what I'm like when I start thinking about my career: a simple question leads to all sorts of meandering introspection! Why can't I look at it in a cool, detached, business-like manner?

I guess that just wouldn't be me!

Mood: Milk by Kings of Leon and looking out my window at the sun quietly going down

Comments

Popular Posts